Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Week devoted to YOU!

I am writing to inform you that this week is National Eating Disorder's Awareness Week. Embedded below is a video that I found to be so true yet gut wrenching. It is an older video but its meaning and reality still applies today.



I encourage you to spend each day this week doing something special for yourself because you are worth it!
Here a few suggestions:
  • Give yourself a hug
  • Write a letter to yourself expressing all of your great qualities and attributes
  • Write messages about yourself on a Post-It note and post to a bathroom mirror, wall, fridge, etc. such as I love my eyes, I am strong, or I am beautiful
  • Go shopping for a new blouse or accessories (or a little black dress!)
  • Get a manicure or pedicure
  • Go for a run or walk with a loved one
  • Treat yourself to dinner or a hot bubble bath
  • Buy yourself flowers (even one will do)
  • Read a good book or watch your favorite movie
  • Just simply RELAX!
How did the video above impact you? What special things do you do for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment