Wednesday, May 11, 2011

National Bike Month

Two weeks ago, my husband bought me a commuter bike and since then I have been riding it everywhere! I love it! On Monday, we drove to Columbus to go to the Performance Bike shop to get a good helmet, a seat, and a lock. I prefer less chafing and a wider seat for comfort. We had a blast shopping and drooling over all the other cool things to get later; such as a trunk rack, seat post rack to hold baskets to get groceries in, and a bike and helmet for my husband too.

This morning, I was grateful that I have a bike to use. Our vehicle's brakes have not been functioning very well. We decided to take our vehicle into the local auto repair shop. My husband had to be at work at 7AM this morning. I dropped him off then drove back home to grab my bike so I could bike home after dropping the car off at the repair shop by 8AM. The repairman did not know how long it was going to take to find the problem and repair it. I am so glad that I decided to grab my bike and ride home. It was a beautiful morning and the mileage was not bad - 7.7 miles. Then I biked some more!

Thinking of bikes, this month (May) is National Bike Month. Cool huh? Also, May 16-20 is BIKE to WORK week. On the 19th, where I teach, I have professional development training. I will bike there!

No comments:

Post a Comment