Friday, December 17, 2010

Homecoming!

I love reunions, get-togethers, parties, events, and etc. Well, this weekend my family is having a reunion of sorts, a homecoming! My brother is returning home from a 2 year mission for our church -The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints tomorrow. Tonight, my husband and I are traveling home to see my family. We are meeting up with my sister and her boyfriend and other sisters at Tony Packos and then going to the Toledo Art Museum. Tommorrow then, we are picking up my brother in Detriot, MI and returning home.

It will be so exciting to see him. I cannot wait to hear his stories and testimony. His writings have shown such faith and an understanding of our Heavenly Father's Plan for each of us. I hope that my husband will feel the excitement of returning home from a mission, because he is a convert to the church and did not get the opportunity to do serve as a full time missionary. I am grateful, though, that we do not have to wear a name badge to be missionaries. We can simply be good examples of faith to those around us. However, I am sure, as my brother will tell us, being a missionary is the best things he has ever done in his life. I am grateful that he was able to go. Our family has received  many blessings from his faithful service. He is my only brother, so I feel indebted to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment