Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Reminder: 154 days

It just seems impossible that the Cleveland Experience is coming soon in May. I will be running in a half marathon there. A friend, who encouraged me to do so, reminded me that next month I need to register. I am not ready. I feel so inadequate. I ran during the summer and fall in various races, but have not ran in a race since Thanksgiving at a local 5K Turkey Trot. Snow has already fallen and to be honest, I do not like to run in snow or cold weather. I have been doing pilates and yoga, but it is not the same. I want to workout at the local YMCA but unfortunately, due to financial circumstances, we cannot afford it at this time. I have found that soup cans and  laundry detergent bottles are amazing weights! I look forward to going in May. I have never ran in a half marathon before, so it will be a great adventure, but I acknowledge it may be difficult. I will do my best to finish! Hurry up Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment