Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Horror of Food and It's Processing!

I am an organic, all natural food eater. I enjoy shopping at local farmer's markets in the summer and getting our Thanksgiving turkey at a local turkey farm. I love reading about organic gardening (in hopes to plant our own this spring on our tiny lot) and being informed about ways to keep the environment healthy and clean. Recently, I finished reading Stirring It Up: How to Make Money and Save the World by Gary Hirshberg (Stonyfield Founder) and The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. I loved reading their books!

Well, last night, my husband and I rented the movie Food, Inc. (We were curious about it.) The movie quoted from The Omnivore's Dilemma and Fast Food Nation (which I have not read yet). The movie showed the horror that is invovled in the meat industry today and the control that a few business have over farmers in planting their crops. It was very informative, despite what I already knew, but it made me think.

My challenge today, for everyone, is to become more informed and help save our planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment