Thursday, March 10, 2011

Finally, the Spirit of the Marathon!

I am so excited that I was able to find the video, Spirit of the Marathon. I did not want to purchase it, although, now that I have seen it - I will have to :) It was so incredible. I admired the characters courage despite adversity and their love for running. I have not ran a marathon of course, just in training for a half, but I feel the movie still applies. I really loved a quote that was given by Dick Beardsley (two time Olympic Qualifier in the Marathon). He stated "when you cross that finish line, it doesn't matter how slow or fast, it will change your life forever." I cannot begin to imagine how that must feel. I mean, I feel amazing after just running a 5 or 10K, so I will look forward to having my life change forever in 65 days (even running a half). It is hard to believe it is so close.

Has running changed your life? Do you have a renewed sense of hope after a long run or race?

No comments:

Post a Comment