Saturday, March 5, 2011

Morning Race

Earlier this week, I decided to sign up for a 5K in Troy (Run for Your Life 5K). I have not ran in a race since the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving last year. I know, it's terrible!

I wish I would have seen into the future because it was rainy, windy, cold, and hilly today on the course. On Wednesday, I got a sinus infection and my shin has still been bothering me. Despite all this, I was surprised that I finished in 34:28. I have done better, but for the first race of the New Year and being "under the weather," I am ok with that.

I really enjoy running in races. I love the excitement that fills the air, beating your own personal record, meeting new people, and cheering others on! However, sometimes I have to remind myself that I cannot get discouraged if I am not a top finisher. I have to tell myself that I have done the best I can and will continue to work hard.

So, next time you run and maybe do not get a super awesome time; remember that you have done your best!

No comments:

Post a Comment