Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Think I can, I Think I can....Almost there!

It has been a whirl wind these past few weeks. It is so hard to believe that the school year is coming to a close. The weeks are passing by faster and faster. I can hardly keep up! I have to tell myself I'm almost there! I will make it through - just like the Little Engine that Could.

Being a teacher is rewarding, but as the year draws to an end there is so much to finish - material to cover, prepare students for achievement testing, meetings to attend, asking questions like,"What more can I do that I have not done already?" and the list continues on.

I feel terrible that I did not take the time to share that my husband and I celebrated our first anniversary on the 2nd of April. Sadly, it came and went. The most important day of my life and I do not remember if we even did anything. Just pathetic :(

Somedays, I loose perspective. I forget to smell the roses, you could say. I need to STOP and just take a few moments for myself and my husband. I have opportunities to run, walk, read a great book, talk with friends and family, but get so caught up in what I am doing that I do not. I spread myself too thin.

I started an amazing book entitled Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand about a month ago. Have I finished it? No! Will I? Yes! It's my challenge for this month. Along with contining to run in preparation for the Cleveland Half; which is, by the way, next month!

Do you have moments where you spread yourself too thin and forget to "smell the roses"? How do you keep the balance between family/home and work life?

No comments:

Post a Comment