Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Fun cont.

The Fall Festival at church was fantastic! My husband made white chicken chili and I made gluten-free cornbread to share with everyone! There were all different types of chili, cornbread, chips, and spooky, Halloween desserts. Joe and I volunteered at the donut eating contest. (We had multiple ones at a time.) It was a sticky, fun mess. Joe decided that he wanted to do the contest too. He won! After volunteering we did some of the other activities. My favorite was racing my husband through a maze while balancing a gourd on our heads. He won on both occasions, but just by a hair. The first time, he leaped through the air to the finish and the second time, his gourd was on the verge of dropping so he speed walked bent over, hoping it would help keep the gourd straight. I did not see any physics behind it, but nonetheless it was so goofy to watch!  I could not stop laughing! He knows how to have fun for sure! The children were so cute in their costumes! I wish I would have dressed up too, but I do not know what I would have been.

Oh well, maybe I will dream about it in my sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment