Thursday, December 9, 2010

Surprises!

Despite a rough day at school yesterday, coming home was just absolutely amazing! My mother and father in-law came to visit! It is my husband's birthday this Saturday, Dec. 11. They came to celebrate his birthday and Christmas because they are leaving for the holidays to see my brother and sister in-law and their two daughters out west.

To celebrate Joe's birthday, we ate at a local restaurant just down the street from where my husband and I live. We always walked by and talked about going but just never did. The atmosphere of the restaurant was so warm and inviting. The food was delicible - very fancy! After dinner, my husband and I briskly walked home to open Christmas gifts. I feel so greatly blessed because my gifts were not expected. One in particular surprised me the most - a rocking chair! If you want to know anything about me, it is that I love rocking chairs! Ever since I was a child, when I watched the movie, Legacy, I dreamed of having my own one day. Whoopee, that day has come! I am so grateful that I have a loving husband who remembered. (While we were dating I vaguely remember talking about it, but it must have stuck with him to put a bug in their ear :) It is gorgeous! I also received an Ipod Shuffle. Now I can run with tunes! Yeah, and not hear my heavy panting ! (lol)  I am grateful to have such wonderful in-laws who love and support me. They are too kind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment