Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Favorites!

I love everything fall! The changing of leaves to flamboyant reds, yellows, oranges, and browns; eating warm carrot cake muffins, pumpkin pie, and oatmeal;  wearing longer skirts, long sleeved blouses and riding boots (oh, also big, baggy sweaters too); running or walking through crisp breezes on early mornings or evenings; making piles of leaves and jumping in them; and snuggling up with a blanket and book.

I was reminded of my fall favorites today as my husband and I realized that on Friday we will be asked to park about three or four blocks away from our apartment to accomodate visitors this weekend. This weekend is Oktoberfest in our town. People come from all around to participate in the 10K race, eat good German food and drink lots of beer. My husband and I do not drink, but we enjoy participating in the 10K race that ends at the corner of our street. It is an incredible sight! This year, I will be running in the 10K race with a few friends. I am excited! I hope that my knee holds up for me. After running the Dayton Air Force 1/2 Marathon, it has not quite been the same. I am hoping it is just runner's knee. If all else fails, I can run/walk the 10K.

Summer is truly drawing to a close and fall is entering again for yet another season!

No comments:

Post a Comment